Deako is looking for a Test Engineer to test products, create test plans, manage and run our new electrical test lab. Starting from the ground up you will be designing, procuring and organizing the equipment necessary to ensure Deako’s products meet safety and performance standards. This will require coordination with the Hardware development team, compliance agencies and suppliers.
What we are looking for
- 10+ years of experience as a test engineer/lab manager
- Experience in the use of electrical and electronic testing equipment
- Experience soldering SMT and fine-pitch components
- Experience with high power test equipment
- Experience working with certification agencies such as UL/FCC
- Experience procuring and setting up robotic testing equipment
- Experience with EMC testing, troubleshooting and debugging
- Experience managing safety around high power test equipment and LOTO procedures for test setup maintenance
- Design the lab space, procure equipment and maintain
- Coordinate and implement product testing for compliance with UL/CSA Standards
- Responsible for the creation of a documentation system which tracks certification status and ensures information is accessible to Deako and UL to maintain UL Data Acceptance Program (DAP) status
- Procuring and tracking lab assets/equipment
- Managing equipment maintenance, calibration and training
- Maintain an ESD mitigation plan
- Manage schedule and priority of test equipment to balance production and test needs
Deako Lighting, a Bloomberg top 50 Global Startup, is committed to making smart lighting accessible to the rest of us.
Why do we have to run around our homes to turn off all the lights when we leave? Why do we have to get up out of bed to turn off lights we forgot? Why do we have to come home to a dark house? Why can’t we have our home match our mood, or ask our house to respond to us using our voice?
Until now, whole-home smart lighting has been relegated to multimillion-dollar homes, with complex installation, set-up, and support. It’s been confusing and way too costly for most of us to adopt.
Deako changes all that. We make affordable, powerful, yet simple smart lighting systems that enable you to control any light in your home from any switch, your phone, or your voice. They install like regular light switches and setup is a snap with our iOS and Android Apps. Its patent-pending modular light switch enables homeowners to try out smart lighting in a few areas before committing to a whole-home system and can click in an upgrade in seconds.
No international travel required
Occasional domestic travel required
You will be based in our Seattle HQ post-covid, for the time being, this is home-office based. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Deako offers a competitive salary and stock options to successful applicants. Deako has comprehensive health, dental, 401K plans, as well as other great benefits.
Contact email@example.com to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: Deako does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias or Deako employees. Deako is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.