Help Deako design our next generation of Deako products by applying new technology to an extremely simple application. Deako is looking for an Electrical Engineer to help develop new products for our smart light switch product line. You will contribute to the development, validation and testing of new products from the concept stage all the way to production.
What we are looking for
- BS Electrical Engineering (or similar field)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded systems, consumer electronics or similar
- Experience in the design, analysis and testing of low power AC/DC and DC/DC converters.
- Experience in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability (familiarity with Altium Designer)
- Experience with microcontrollers and C programming
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues
- Experience debugging analog and digital circuits
- Experience using Git
- Basic soldering skills
Things you will learn on the job
- Managing multiple products through full lifecycle; from concept to production
- Designing for safety standards and compliance
- Developing production test plans
- Developing product verification test strategies
- Building a CI flow
- Building prototypes
Deako Lighting, a Bloomberg top 50 Global Startup, is committed to making smart lighting accessible to the rest of us.
Why do we have to run around our homes to turn off all the lights when we leave? Why do we have to get up out of bed to turn off lights we forgot? Why do we have to come home to a dark house? Why can’t we have our home match our mood, or ask our house to respond to us using our voice?
Until now, whole-home smart lighting has been relegated to multimillion-dollar homes, with complex installation, set-up, and support. It’s been confusing and way too costly for most of us to adopt.
Deako changes all that. We make affordable, powerful, yet simple smart lighting systems that enable you to control any light in your home from any switch, your phone, or your voice. They install like regular light switches and setup is a snap with our iOS and Android Apps. Its patent-pending modular light switch enables homeowners to try out smart lighting in a few areas before committing to a whole-home system and can click in an upgrade in seconds.
10%-20% of the time to Deako supplier and sub-supplier locations.
*This role requires that the applicant obtain necessary Visas and travel permissions to travel to China, Vietnam, Mexico, and other manufacturing locations as the need arises.
You will be based in our Seattle HQ post-covid, for the time being, this is home-office based. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Deako offers a competitive salary and stock options to successful applicants. Deako has comprehensive health, dental, 401K plans, as well as other great benefits.
Contact email@example.com to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: Deako does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias or Deako employees. Deako is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.